Thursday 3 October 2013

[VIDEO] CHRISTINA AGUILERA GIVES EMOTIONAL SPEECH AS SHE ACCEPTS 'HUMANITARIAN OF THE YEAR AWARD'


Pop singer and coach on NBC’s “The Voice” Christina Aguilera received the Humanitarian of the Year Award. She is the global spokeswoman for Yum! Brands’ World Hunger Relief, a global movement and campaign to raise awareness and funds to end hunger. 
“I’ve had a lot of great successes and I’ve been fortunate enough to, you know win a few Grammys… But, from my heart, it really means a lot to be recognized for what’s important to me,” the singer said, referencing her desire to connect people all over the world. 
“I’ve been fortunate enough to win a few Grammys ... but from my heart it really means a lot to be recognized for what is most important to me,“ she said, tearing up on stage.

“Yes, the stage is a platform for me, and I’m able to have fun with that and play dress up ... but my purpose and what I do with this platform is really important to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment