Saturday 27 July 2013

[NEWS] CHRISTINA AGUILERA ANSWERS QUESTIONS ABOUT 'THE VOICE' AT THE TELEVISION CRITICS ASSOCIATION

Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, CeeLo Green and Carson Daly are on hand at TCA to discuss the new season of "The Voice."*
*To not infringe on copyright, visit the source to read the responses by the other coaches of 'The Voice.'
New strategies, since Blake's won three times?
Christina: I understand that I'm coming back to the Blake Shelton Show ... We laugh all day. It's always fun to press our buttons, see the person, get 'em on our team ... We want them to win, but we can all agree it's the contestants that do win at the end of the day. Blake keeps it funny with his trophies.
How has teaching affected you as artists?
Christina: I went in holding hands with these guys and didn't know what to expect. Mark Burnett reached out to all of us and I don't think a show like this was even on our radar. We all as artists know what it's like to be up there, the make it or break it hotseat... I caught an episode of last season and I thought 'I can see why people like this!' We get very caught up, sitting in the chair, but seeing it from the outside and hearing some of the stories, it's nice to see the part of the show that's stayed true to the talent and made sure that their stories are heard ... It's just an amazing school. I had great training on "Mickey Mouse Club." I think it's affected me more on a personal level than on a professional level ... I've been able to remember the journey of where I started out.
How did it feel to have someone else sitting in your chair?
Christina: I was happy that someone filled the spot for a second, I had to step away ... Thank god for Shakira, she did a beautiful job, she has sweet, lovely energy. And Usher came and stepped up with a lot of creative stuff.
Controversial comments the coaches have made
Christina: The show's not scripted, we're real people. We're artists.
Why they have yet to launch a huge star
Christina: It doesn't happen that way -- it didn't happen that way for me either. Right after the "Mickey Mouse Club" we didn't rocket to fame straight after.
The appeal of the show
Christina: What's great about the show ... it is like a family, I don't want to be cliche, but I was looking forward to having a laugh with these guys... The four of us, it's so much fun, to have a laugh with these guys, we just have a good time. And to get to meet fresh talent, it's a new experience... For now it's a good fit for me.
What Christina did in her time off

Christina: I cannot live in front of the camera 24 hours a day. I have to take breaks and stay connected with myself, I think that's important so that you can be your best on camera. I'm a mom, when the cameras go off I put on sweats and a t-shirt and I'm mom. He starts kindergarten in the fall so I'm excited about that ... I wanted, for myself, have a moment ... I've been on a really incredible journey the past six months, I feel revived and renewed.
Source: HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment