Friday 21 December 2012

[NEWS] CHRISTINA AGUILERA TALKS SCENTS, BODY IMAGE, AND THE HOLIDAYS

It's been a busy year for Christina Aguilera. She returned as one of the judges and mentors on NBC's The Voice (but won't be back for season four, as announced this week during the live finale), dropped her latest album Lotus, and released her fourth fragrance ­Red Sin. The sensual and seductive new scent, which hit shelves just in time for the holiday season, allows the Grammy winner to pay homage to her favorite color ­red, and evokes all the allures of temptation through the use of red apple and fiery cinnamon notes.

"The message of the fragrance is to empower and feel irresistible, which is what every woman deserves," Aguilera told ELLE.com. "There's no effort to it—that's what I love about fragrance. Literally with one spritz, you can change your mood or the moods of people around you. I'm all about people using their imagination and creating fantasies for themselves—and in turn, creating fantasies for their partners."

We sat down with the vocal diva to discuss her scent palette, her guiltiest pleasure, and how she celebrated her 32nd birthday, which just passed on December 18.

ELLE: What can you tell us about shooting the campaign for Red Sin?
Christina Aguilera: That was actually shot in my bed. I'm wearing a man's button-up, which can be really cozy to sleep in. It's a very casual, sexy, and intimate approach to what we are reflecting in the scent. The feel of that outfit is of a woman wanting to get wrapped up. She doesn't need to have that sexy black dress. She doesn't need to have these high heels on and hair to the nines. The essence of the scent is that you definitely don't need to try too hard to be sexy and seductive. It all lies within yourself and your own skin.

ELLE:  How has your fragrance palette evolved?
CA: My mom used to wear the fragrance Poison when I was younger, and I remember that scent and the purple bottle. That was my first [perfume] memory. Then, we all went through that teen phase of wearing that really soft fragrance. As I got older, I started loving men's fragrances and cologne. I was so attracted to men's cologne; I would spray it all over me. So, in my line of fragrances now, there's that musky, sexy, and smooth undertone.

ELLE:  How did you become confident in your own skin?
CA: It's a process. A lot of people are afraid to face themselves, especially when something goes wrong. But that's important, because if something happens within a relationship, it could be how you're allowing someone else to treat you. So it's important to look at yourself honestly, starting from the ground up, and ask, "Why did this happen?" "How do I take responsibility?" And "[Where to] go from here?" If [being confident stems from] a self-esteem issue, it's important to embrace the things you might define as so-called imperfections—because something that you might call an imperfection, someone else might find so amazing and so beautiful. It's all in how you embrace yourself, your faults, and your mistakes in life. There's no better way to learn and become a better person than to go through those moments.

ELLE: Can you name a flaw or mistake that you've embraced?
CA: I look back at the looks I've had over the years. I'm proud of myself that I had the courage to experiment with crazy hairstyles and some fashion things. Would I do it again? No. But that's part of the learning process and getting from point A to point B.

ELLE: You just celebrated you birthday! Do you like that it's so close to the other holidays?
CA: I do. It's actually the ultimate celebration. I get like a triple whammy. First, it's my birthday. Then, we have Christmas and New Year's to top it all off. I kind of see it as this end of the year explosion. Right now, in my house, I have eight different Christmas trees. One for each room. Everything is lit up and sparkly. I'm a little kid at heart, so my eyes light up when everything is lit. [As for what I actually did on my birthday,] we wrapped up The Voice. So, I had to work on my birthday.

Purchase Christina Aguilera Red Sin, here.

Source: Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment